Friday, January 3, 2014

Parenting in a Nutshell

I'm not a parent, not even close, so I can't say this is from my personal experience. But from the many fights and arguments I've had with my parents as a teen, I can now look back and see how they struggled with my "angsty" years. This new year I'll be entering my 20's as my sister begins her teen years. It's going to be another 7 years of teen angst for my parents with constant "why's" and passive aggressive non-violent protests of various rules.
So here's a poem to all parents, guardians, older siblings and friends. The madness will end...eventually!
We try not to care 
But doing so is hard,
It tugs at your strings,
They belong in your heart.
It's hard to be patient,
Even harder to let go
It'd be so much easier
If we could just ignore.
For it makes us mad,
So livid with rage
When we cannot help
And we cannot save.
Why won't you listen!
Why won't you do,
What I think
Is right for you?
We scream and rant
And yell and fight,
But nothing seems
To turn out right.
Exhausted and tired
We know not what to do,
But despite everything,
We still care about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!