Friday, November 15, 2013

The Queen is Back

The Queen of Procrastination has resumed her reign of terror and sleepless nights!
It's been a while since I've pulled an all-nighter, but it was only a matter of time before it happened.

I've been swamped with work recently, all my professors want to stuff us with work before the Thanksgiving break, giving us as many quizzes and papers as possible. I don't know if I'm stressed because I actually have a lot of work or if I'm just not able to manage my time properly.....it's probably a little of both. I've been a hermit for the past two weeks, going back and forth between the library and my room to finish all my work and seeking the daylight only to get food. I go bed later and later everyday and today I'm probably not going to sleep at all.

I had a 10 page research paper on Buddhism for my Eastern Religions class, which was assigned ages ago. I was really good about time management at first. I got most of my research done last month and finished an outline and took a lot of notes. However, the actually writing process didn't start till last weekend. I managed to squeeze out two pages with great difficulty and stopped because I could already feel my brain struggling. Writing is not really my forte, despite the fact that my dad's a journalist and my mom's an English major. I would get rotten luck and not have the magic writing genes in me. Instead I got stuck with the math genes and I don't even know where that came from - nor do I even like math.

Anyway, as Queen of Procrastination, I naturally procrastinated the entire week until I had a panic attack yesterday which knocked some sense into me. I spent almost the entire day working on my paper and still only accomplished 6 pages. The struggle was very evident as I later noticed I missed various words in my sentences and my English slowly deteriorated when I went back to read over it. I made my way to a corner of the library late last night and forced myself to finish the paper, which took another 4 hours but I finally got the damn thing done. I woke up brain dead this morning and realized I had yet another long paper for my American Studies class to write today...which I hadn't even thought of until last night, much less started.

The worst part was, my second paper was an optional one and I stupidly volunteered to do it. Now I can't back out of it and I get a 10% deduction on my final if I don't turn it in. I just don't know when to say no to things, I pile on so much work and I end up not being able to handle it.

So in between all my classes today, I tried to do my paper...which I am still trying to finish now at 2:03am. Instead, I'm blogging about it. I simply cannot focus my attention on Tocqueville and his views on individualism in America but I really do have to finish this because I have to sleep and get up in 5 hours to scurry to the library to print it all out and head to class with a giant flask of coffee.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I don't have class after 10am so I am spending the rest of the day sleeping. Goodnight folks, hopefully I won't be awake long enough to see the sun rise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!